Monday, February 15, 2010

The beginnings of Faith

I worked this past weekend during Mardi Gras at our church. We actually sell bathroom passes during Mardi Gras for parade goers. The middle and high school kids work to clean the portolets after each use. The money we make is used to subsidize the misssion work we do over the summer.

A young college age man took time before going into the bath room to ask me about what we do with the money and the mission work we do. We had a nice conversation. Then he told me I should read a book entitled " The End of Faith" by Sam Harris. I am going to read the book and I will get back to you when I do. However, I believe the author completely misunderstands faith.

Life is all we have
Faith is where we live
We must always keep hope alive
Where would we be without dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment